I think this has been my least motivated start to a year. We did finally get the Christmas stuff down and put away this weekend. Mostly--one box managed to escape being put up in the garage loft, which is good because I now have somewhere to stuff all the things we keep finding that we missed the first round. But we're still not back into a normal routine and the days we have to leave the house then feel like we're running behind all day. I hope I can turn this feeling around and get inspired to do SOMETHING.
I haven't been exercising--too cold for outside and I'm too lazy to do indoor workouts that I don't really like. And the longer I go without a good sweat session, the harder it is to get myself to move.
We've still been on a vacation of sorts from school. Still a lot of learning going on, but we could be doing a little more. Or a lot. I'm sure the homeschoolers who diligently follow a rigid curriculum would be horrified at my version of educating my children, even on the best days. When I've been paricularly lazy, I'll admit to being a little horrified myself.
Haven't been cooking much. Haven't felt much reason to. Daddy-o is in California for his Granny's funeral right now--she'd been suffering from a lot of health problems for awhile, so its a blessing, but at the same time, its sad that she's gone. I didn't have any grandparents left by the time that Daddy-o and I were engaged, but he did, and the first time I went to visit his family, and met Granny, and saw how much she loved him, I started to look at Daddy-o a little differently. There's something about seeing someone through the eyes of another person, and she quite apparently (and justifiably) had a very good opinion of her grandson.
And haven't been sleeping enough. Some of it is my fault, some of it is due to kids waking up to poop in the middle of the night, get re-tucked in, and then for some reason, thinking that its perfectly acceptable to wake up before the sun after a busy, no-nap day and too late bedtime when I was completely counting on sleeping in until at least 8. You really can't count on anything when it comes to these kids and their sleep. Wonder when I'll learn?
I think I need a do over for the first half of January. Guess its good that I've decided not to make big goals for this year--I'm sticking with my goal of taking baby steps, in whatever strikes me along the way, but we're taking things one day at a time. And for the rest of the day, my goal is to smile, get everyone to bed on time, including me, and try to do something productive tomorrow.
Still Around
9 years ago
3 comments:
Can I take baby steps with you? First step is start exercising again, right? I miss our mornings out. See you tonight (I'll cook!)
this sounds so familiar! i don't think i'll ever learn that my kids will never cooperate with what i think their sleep routines should be.
i like this baby stepping idea...
I know what you mean. We run around alot, but don't do much formal schooling. Every so often I start to panic, then realize she can read and write at grade level, and calm down again (for a few weeks). I think it's great you are taking it slow. I don't know that "frenzied" is the epitome of productive, but it does keep me busy enough that I can more easily bury guilty feelings :)
Post a Comment