Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kidbits

My mom called the other day and pointed out that (until I went back and filled in the zoo post) I hadn't posted for over a week, so here's a few random things the kids are up to these days.This little bug got a polar bear hand puppet for Christmas and has since morphed into a pregnant mother polar bear. He sleeps with the polar bear shoved in his pj's almost every night and often walks around looking like this. For a boy who has been obsessed with everything "boy" and insisting on only being matched with other boy items, this is a welcome, albeit wierd, change.

And on the subject of sex, Bean decided that our house needed segregated bathrooms (maybe it goes along with what she learned about MLK), so she put up these boy/girl paper dolls. After a little debate, I was at least able to convince her that the 1/2 bath downstairs needed to be a family bathroom so Buggy didn't have to go all the way upstairs to wash his hands for dinner. But now I'm technically not allowed to use my own bathroom because its been designated the boy bathroom.

And then there's the Legos. These kids are loving their new Christmas gifts. Bugaboo actually built all of these vehicles. And both of them come up with dozens of these types of creations every day. And they each got a set of people (of various ethnicities--should provide for some interesting play with Bean's new interests) so they can set up great games and adventures. In fact, I put away all their toys except the Legos, train set, and cars and new road rug for the week and they've been fine. I think we're going to be doing extreme rotating--its so nice to only have to seperate out a couple sets of toys each week. Maybe next week we'll get out all the kitchen toys.

2 comments:

Luna said...

That is too funny about the bathroom. Hope you can get a re-vote on the bathroom "labels"

soybeanlover said...

Gotta love legos!