One final hike for the school year. This was my first hike for a private group--it's kind of nice to just show up to a group that someone else arranged and get to hike with some fun kids!
And I'm so glad that I opted to not teach my normal classes this May so this was the only work thing I had on my calendar. With prepping to move and getting our property ready, it has been really nice to take something off my plate.
But it was also fun to get outside for a hike which I haven't had time for this month.
The kids were great and, thanks to a random rainstorm last night, we saw more banana slugs and other wet-loving species than I would have expected at the end of May.
It was also Peanut's last day of his freshman year! Time just flies, but it has been a great year for him and now we're looking forward to a fun, if crazy, summer.





No comments:
Post a Comment