Peanut picked to spend the day at the zoo for his actual birthday. I think this is the third birthday he has spent with the animals--May is such a nice time of year for it, I guess. And he does love animals. And the ice cream we always let him get that day.
Highlight of the day--(well, besides the ice cream) the river otters feeding time. They are so active and fun, but especially at feeding time.
We watched them for quite awhile.
And the biggest irriation of the day--the audio boxes. Peanut has wanted to get a key for these the last couple visits, so I bought him one today and he was so excited to use it. Only the first box we stopped at the sound was really quiet, so he had to get really close to the speaker.
After that first one, he insisted on putting his ear on the speaker, no matter how loud the sound was. And some of them were REALLY loud. Fun times.
But we did have fun seeing a lot of animals,
riding the carousel, and getting ice cream.
The birthday boy was happy (mostly).
I say this with each birthday, with each of our kids, but it really is hard to believe our baby is 6 now. I wonder when he will stop feeling like our baby--hopefully never, no matter how big he gets. But he is getting big. He's starting to read, trying to spell and write things all day long, drawing, inventing things just like his brother, getting really comfortable with numbers, and learning to ride a bike. This kid is still so in tune with others around him--he picks up on other's moods and is the one who will ask how our day was. He is thoughtful and loving and sweet.
Happy 6th Birthday, Peanut!
No comments:
Post a Comment