Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Field Trip Week Continued

Because I'm a little crazy, and we love field trips, and especially love field trips with friends, after spending the weekend in the mountains and Monday at the beach, on Tuesday, we went to the SF MOMA to see the Matisse/Diebenkorn exhibit. Both Bug and Bean had studied Matisse in first grade, so I thought this one would be especially fun. (And I ended up finding a new painting I love, pictured above.)

We enjoyed the paintings, found some fun (and some really strange--sculpture inside a bathtub of someone shaving their leg) works in other areas, and had a good time with our friends. We've gotten to know a few other homeschooling families this year which has been really nice and helped the kids not feel quite so isolated in this new place.

We haven't done enough art this year--I had all these great plans, but sadly, most haven't happened. The kids have at least made it to a couple good art museums and they do all draw a lot on their own. Maybe in the summer our schedule will be a little more open and we can fit in some more projects. But for now, we've got Gold Rush journals and field trips, swim team, and lots of math to finish up

No comments: